LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Downtown La Crosse got a little spring cleaning Sunday morning.
As a way to celebrate the Earth Day weekend, the organization Downtown Mainstreet hosted a "Clean Your Block Party."
About 70 people joined together with garbage bags and brooms to clean up city streets and sidewalks.
The event was part of the 'Great American Cleanup 2017" campaign from the organization "Keep America Beautiful," the largest community organization is the country.
Organizers say it’s important to keep the city clean.
"This is where we live, this is our neighborhood and downtown is another part of it. It's kind of that place that you come to meet people, to share community, and it's a place that does get dirty," said Robin Moses, executive director of Downtown Mainstreet.
Organizers hope to make this an annual event.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses