LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - As the temperatures fall you might be tempted to leave your car running as you run errands, but you could be fined if you leave your car running in La Crosse.
A City ordinance does not allow people to leave their car on public streets or in public parking areas with the keys inside. It becomes more of an issue during the winter as many people try to warm their car before driving.
The fine for leaving keys in an unattended car is $124.
The Police Department says the ordinance is meant to reduce the chances of a vehicle being stolen.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Local children with special needs get priceless gift from Santa
- Evers' statewide budget tour starts Tuesday
- La Crosse Police look for suspect in alleged sexual assault on UWL campus
- First Native American woman in Congress has local ties
- One of La Crosse's oldest homes welcomes guests for the holidays
- Local firefighters give the gift of fire safety this holiday season.
- Local businesses highlight artists during holiday season
- Local psychologists concerned about substance abuse in parents and affect on area kids
- Holiday Train makes annual stop in La Crosse
- Military families celebrate early Christmas