LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A nonprofit benefiting the families of service members receives a donation Wednesday to send care packages to Wisconsin troops.
Toyota of La Crosse presented a check to Operation Homefront Wednesday morning. The donation is part of the vehicle dealership's monthly fundraising program, Toyota of La Crosse Cares.
This month's recipient, Operation Homefront, helps military families by providing financial assistance. Nonprofit directors say with incoming deployments for local reserve units, the donation is more than welcome.
"We have two deployments that are going on. The Air National Guard out of Wisconsin just went out recently, and then the 327th out of Onalaska, they will be deploying soon, and so this money is going to be used for care packages to send to our troops in Wisconsin,” said AmeriCorps Vista Outreach Coordinator Chelsea Dresen.
Wednesday's donation to Operation Homefront was for $2,940.
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up-February 23, 2018
- La Crosse Center hosts national organic conference
- ‘Green Alert' bill for veterans, Collin's Law for invisible disabilities registry head to governor