ANAMOSA, Iowa (AP) - Authorities say an inmate head-butted a guard at the Anamosa State Penitentiary in eastern Iowa.
The attack occurred around 6:40 p.m. Sunday. The Iowa Corrections Department says the inmate also bit one of the officer's forearms. Other officers soon restrained the inmate.
The guard was assessed and returned to duty, but later he was taken to the Jones Regional Medical Center in Anamosa, where he was diagnosed with a concussion.
The names of those involved have not been released.
- La Crosse County Health Department warns of potential measles exposure
- La Crosse County Highway weight restrictions to be lifted
- La Crosse-based credit union to purchase 10 new branches
- Four injured in Vernon County crash
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- City of La Crosse announces Brush Collection Week
- Dream job: Harley-Davidson interns get a free motorcycle
- New research on Alzheimer's disease could lead to earlier diagnosis
- Students perform traditional Norwegian dances in Holmen
- UW study to reclassify jobs, set compensation structure