LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The De Soto Area Lions Club is working to promote a grant available to people affected by last September’s flooding.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is offering grants of up to $5,000 for home and small business owners who can prove they sustained damages of at least $5,000 due to severe flooding in Vernon or Crawford counties.
Members of the De Soto Area Lions club are trying to spread the word as they believe the grant will help the community rebuild.
They also want to stress that the grant is not a loan so the money doesn't need to be reimbursed back.
"Every dollar helps and this is $5,000 that could help you re-establish your home, make it livable again; re-establish your business,” said Gary Mulford, a member of the De Soto Area Lions Club.
Those interested in receiving a grant have until March 24 to apply.
Applications are available at any area branch of River Bank.
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Gov. Walker to consider "Right to Try" bill
- Taking Flight in Prairie du Chien
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- Mayo to partner with Boys and Girls Club for Big Blue Dragon Boat Festival
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 22, 2018