LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Traditional German dogs dashed through the Southside Festgrounds Sunday in the Dachshund Dash and Viener Vogue’s third year.
Events included races and a chance for the pups to strut their stuff down the runway in a costume show.
Weiner dogs of all ages were encouraged to participate, including thirteen-year-old Oscar who dressed up as the late T.V. personality Mr. Rogers.
"He's very lovable. He sleeps all the time. He's just very relaxed, and he's just a great cuddler. There [are] a lot of cute, little dogs here today, so just seeing all the wiener dogs and see everyone come out... I mean, they're fun to watch and see if he'll actually dash down with a lot of these young pups," said Shannon Weiss, Oscar’s ‘dog mom’.
There were 14 puppy participants, and the winner of the race was ten-year-old Daphne.
- La Crosse police looking for battery suspect
- Wisconsin will not join tentative settlement agreement with Purdue Pharma
- Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to stop in Decorah
- Set up details for La Crosse Oktoberfest parades
- Oktoberfest USA Medallion has been found
- Hmong New Year Festival helps bond community members
- Concordia Ballroom gets dancers up to speed with free polka lessons
- Former Miss Wisconsin Outstanding Teen claims Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest crown
- King Apple Parade marches through La Crescent
- Retired Air Force major general introduces new book to area veterans