LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Culinary students at Western Technical College are taking part in a state-wide cooking competition.
The college's culinary management program spent the morning sharpening their skills for the 'In A Pinch' cooking competition in Milwaukee this Monday.
The state-wide competition pits students against each other to make a meal using the special ingredients: rosé wine, bacon, and bleu cheese. The meals have to be prepared within one hour.
Each team will need to finish two appetizers and two entrees within that time.
"The idea of being in a pinch is just like it sounds where you're in a pinch and you have to put something together real quick, real fast. throw it out. It's kind of untraditionary [sic] to what culinary really is, which is a lot of preparation, but we're doing it all in an hour," says Josh Dilley, a culinary management student.
The students say a lot of the challenge will be in not having the equipment they normally work with, and making a meal without any preparation or support staff.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no