TOWN OF MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Police in the Madison area are looking for a 13-year-old girl who they say carjacked a vehicle, dragged its owner and then ran over her.
Authorities say the crime took place in the parking lot of a Town of Madison business about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. A 45-year-old Middleton woman had her vehicle running while loading it. The woman saw the girl jump into the driver's seat and tried to talk to her through a passenger door.
Police say the girl reversed the vehicle and dragged the woman about 30 feet before she fell from the vehicle. Officials say the girl accelerated as she drove over the woman. The woman was taken to a Madison hospital. Her condition is unknown.
Police recovered the vehicle, but the girl is still at large.
- School and other weather related closings/delays for Monday, February 19
- Volunteers aim to keep seniors sharp with virtual reality
- Wisconsin Legislature to vote on reinsurance, tax cuts
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Search turned up illegal drugs, hand grenade in Neillsville
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- News 8 Sports Round Up-February 19, 2018
- Holmen sends big number to state wrestling