APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - A Fox Valley woman is charged with starting a house fire that killed her developmentally disabled brother.
A criminal complaint filed in Outagamie County Circuit Court charges Dana Nachtrab with first-degree reckless homicide, arson and bail jumping.
Prosecutors say the 27-year-old Deer Creek woman had a fight with her husband and ignited some clothing to start a fire in the house last week. Her husband and her 2-year-old child escaped the fire.
Her 23-year-old brother, Cody Nachtrab, for whom she was caretaker, didn't make it out.
WLUK-TV reports Outagamie County District Attorney Melinda Tempelis says Cody apparently didn't understand the dangerous situation and didn't want to leave the house.
Nachtrab is being held on $300,000 bond. A state public defender has not yet been assigned to the case.
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Racing season begins at the La Crosse Fairgrounds Speedway
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates