EAU CLAIRE, Wis. (AP) - A distribution center employee is charged with threatening to shoot up his workplace in western Wisconsin.
A criminal complaint filed in Eau County Circuit Court says 31-year-old Kevin Pinkham told a co-worker at Menards Distribution Center on Aug. 15 that he planned to "shoot up the place."
The complaint says Pinkham admitted to texting his girlfriend that he was going to kill everyone but told investigators it was a joke.
Officials say four rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammunition were found at Pinkham's home in Eau Claire, along with a pistol and ammunition in his car. Pinkham is charged with making terrorist threats and disorderly conduct. Bond has been set at $10,000 cash.
Pinkham's public defender, Mark Austin, declined comment.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Wisconsin will not join tentative settlement agreement with Purdue Pharma
- Presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders to stop in Decorah
- Set up details for La Crosse Oktoberfest parades
- Oktoberfest USA Medallion has been found
- Hmong New Year Festival helps bond community members
- Concordia Ballroom gets dancers up to speed with free polka lessons
- Former Miss Wisconsin Outstanding Teen claims Miss La Crosse Oktoberfest crown
- King Apple Parade marches through La Crescent
- Retired Air Force major general introduces new book to area veterans
- UW-La Crosse soccer loses thriller in double overtime against Coe College