WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona County Grand Jury returned an indictment for Murder in the First Degree and Attempted Murder in the First Degree against Ricky Darnell Waiters, 49.
In addition to the above-charges, the Grand Jury also indicted Mr. Waiters for one count of Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional); one count of Attempted Murder in the Second Degree (Intentional), Murder in the Second Degree (Drive-By Shooting), Assault in the First Degree, Assault in the Second Degree, Drive-By Shooting, and Carry Weapon Without Permit.
If convicted of the Murder in the First Degree charge, Mr. Waiters faces life imprisonment.
Waiters allegedly shot 53-year-old Robert Johnson and a 27-year-old at EB's Corner bar on West 5th Street around 1 A.M. on July 25th.
The 53-year-old suffered a shot to the torso area and was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Mr. Waiters’ next court appearance is scheduled for November 21st.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached