VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - Vernon County authorities conducted a home visit in the Village of Viola and found three dead cats and a dead parrot.
Amber N. Biamonte, 26, of South Commercial Street in Viola is charged with animal neglect and failure to provide sufficient water and food for animals.
Authorities also found a dog in very poor health and another dog in better health along with two more cats and another parrot all in poor health. Animal feces was scattered throughout the home and no accessible water was available for the animals.
The living animals were taken to Animal Tracks Veterinary Services in Viroqua for wellness examinations. One dog and one cat had to be euthanized.
The case remains under investigation.
Assisting in the investigation are the Viola Police Department, Wisconsin State Probation and Parole, Vernon County Animal Control Officer, Animal Tracks Veterinary Service, and the Vernon County Humane Society.
- Mega Millions numbers for $1 billion jackpot announced
- Walker, Evers clash in first debate
- Speaker teaches high school students how to stand up against bullying
- Aguilar, Brewers beat Dodgers 7-2, send NLCS to Game 7
- News 8 Highlight Zone - October 19, 2018
- Walker hits Democratic foe Evers over plagiarized material
- Obama set to campaign in Wisconsin next week
- Wisconsin Democratic Treasurer candidate visits La Crosse
- New food delivery service has the potential to change La Crosse restaurant scene
- Carlyon to retire as director of La Crosse Parks