VIROQUA, Wis. (WKBT) - Vernon County authorities conducted a home visit in the Village of Viola and found three dead cats and a dead parrot.
Amber N. Biamonte, 26, of South Commercial Street in Viola is charged with animal neglect and failure to provide sufficient water and food for animals.
Authorities also found a dog in very poor health and another dog in better health along with two more cats and another parrot all in poor health. Animal feces was scattered throughout the home and no accessible water was available for the animals.
The living animals were taken to Animal Tracks Veterinary Services in Viroqua for wellness examinations. One dog and one cat had to be euthanized.
The case remains under investigation.
Assisting in the investigation are the Viola Police Department, Wisconsin State Probation and Parole, Vernon County Animal Control Officer, Animal Tracks Veterinary Service, and the Vernon County Humane Society.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Child abuse prevention month walk brings together family for final event
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Is coffee causing you to be dehydrated? Study says no