TREMPEALEAU, Wis. (WKBT) - Authorities received a call Thursday regarding a break-in at a hunting cabin owned by a relative of Jonathan Pogreba in the township of Preston in Trempealeau County.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff's Department, a neighbor reported the incident after talking with the owner of the cabin, who confirmed that no one was supposed to be at the cabin; that it should be locked and unoccupied. The owner of the cabin is related to Jonathan Pogreba.
Pogreba is wanted in a domestic incident involving a firearm in Waukesha County and should be considered armed and dangerous.
The Waukesha County Sheriff's Office said Pogreba may be injured as a small amount of blood was found in the cabin and a note. In the note, Pogreba said he took the plates of the white BMW and would be traveling to the Boundary Waters in Minnesota where he would leave the car and move out on foot.
Authorities confirm Pogreba's credit card was used in Mauston, Wisconsin.
Pogreba, 43, is described as white, approximately 6 foot tall and 210 pounds. Authorities said he may be driving a four-door sedan he stole from Waukesha County, a 2015 white BMW 328XI, possibly with Wisconsin plates 128 YCW.
A tip line has been set up by Waukesha County at 262-896-8139, and local authorities recommend calling 911 if you see the vehicle or a person matching Pogreba's description. Do not attempt to stop the suspect as he is still believed to be armed and dangerous, and possibly injured.
- La Crosse Center board members hope to overturn mayor's veto
- Statewide alert sent out for man missing from Tomah VA
- Missing Town of Campbell man found safe
- Police make arrest in Bangor home invasion, attacks
- UPDATE: Two escaped Wisconsin inmates captured
- Pawz Academy teaches kids about animals
- La Crosse receives Wisconsin Active Together award
- Groundbreaking for Eagle Crest South expansion
- Utility buys Wisconsin land for substation to power Foxconn
- Documents detail journey of woman accused of slaying husband