LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse police say they've arrested two repeat drug dealers who were carrying more than $30,000 in meth.
Police arrested 32-year-old Brandon Smith and 25-year-old Jordan Hammel Wednesday afternoon on the northside when they ran from their vehicle after seeing a police squad car.
A police K-9 uncovered 11 ounces of meth in the car, which has an estimated street value of $30,300. Officers also found a loaded stolen handgun under the driver's seat and more than $1700 in cash on Smith when he was arrested.
Smith has been arrested four times in the past 10 years for possession with intent to deliver, while Hammel has been arrested 3 times on those charges this year alone.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached