Two men were arrested Friday on suspicion of driving the same truck while impaired.
Adam M. Bolterman, 34, struck a pole at 3rd and Market streets in La Crosse around 6:24 p.m. Friday, according to police reports.
Andrew S. Bolterman, 32, then switched places with a 7-year-old passenger sitting in the center seat and drove the vehicle to 9th and Jackson streets where he stopped to check the damage.
When police arrived, the 7-year-old told an officer they were "going somewhere to get things that are 'no' for police," which he then clarified meant "dope".
Adam Bolterman was arrested on suspicion of operating while intoxicated with a passenger under 16, hit-and-run property damage and a child safety restraint violation.
Andrew Bolterman was arrested on suspicion of third offense operating while intoxicated and outstanding warrants.
- Pence in Wisconsin for fundraiser, tax forum
- AG wants every school to get some safety grant dollars
- 911 issues RESOLVED in Trempealeau, Jackson counties
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- WIAA southwest football realignment plan passes on a 6-5 vote
- Money available for low-income households affected by July 2017 floods
- Republican Steil says he raised $250,000 in days
- Village still needs 20 properties for Foxconn plant
- Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom visits local elementary school