ASHLAND, Wis. (AP) - Two people are facing homicide charges in the beating death of man in Ashland.
Charging documents say 38-year-old Jennifer Mustache called her boyfriend to her home Feb. 25 after her daughter told her the victim, Marcus Holton, has touched her leg multiple times. Mustache told police the 52-year-old Odanah man had been staying at her home.
The complaints say when Mustache's boyfriend, 42-year-old Matthew Phillips, arrived she took her children to a nearby restaurant -- and when they returned home, Holton was dead. KBJR-TV reports an autopsy showed Holton died of blunt and sharp force injuries to the head and torso.
Phillips and Mustache are charged with first-degree reckless homicide and several other felonies. Court documents do not list attorneys for the defendants.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse