SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A Sparta woman is arrested after being caught on surveillance video stealing a donation box for the Children's Miracle Network from a local restaurant.
Employees at the Culver's in Sparta noticed the box was missing Thursday.
When they looked at the surveillance footage, they saw 28-year-old Christina Rogge taking the box off the counter on the night of March 22nd.
Officers investigating the incident recognized Rogge from several previous contacts.
They went to her residence where she admitted to taking the donation box containing money. Police say Rogge apologized when confronted.
Earlier that day, Rogge was sentenced to probation for a previous criminal case.
Rogge is facing a theft charge. She was placed on a probation hold and the money was not recovered.
The Sparta Police Department said in a release, "we recognize that cases like this can be upsetting. Instead of getting angry, please consider making a donation to the Children’s Miracle Network or other charity of your choice. Together, we can easily fill that box that was left empty. This one incident does not represent our community. Coming together and showing our generosity, and how much we care…that represents the Sparta community."
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Carfentanyl makes its way to La Crosse, leading to more doses of Narcan
- La Crosse man charged with assault, woman hid in gas station
- Watch The Decorah Eagles- LIVE
- Xcel Energy named one of World's Most Admired Companies
- Vino Fest features Wisconsin wines with help from tourism grant
- Teen arrested for bringing loaded gun to Madison school
- Shelters open amid Midwest flooding as rivers keep rising
- Public meeting held on Hwy. 35 reconstruction plan
- Local students hold candlelight vigil for Florida school shooting victims