SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - The Sparta teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with an underage teen makes her first appearance in court.
27-year-old Alexis Mashak is facing four felonies for a relationship with a 17-year-old boy that goes to school in the district.
According to the criminal complaint, both described the relationship as consensual.
The teen was not one of her students, but the two did know each other through friends and working together at the Boys and Girls Club in Sparta.
Charges of child enticement, two counts of exposing intimate parts to a child, and sexual assault of a child by a person who works with children, were read in court.
Mashak was released from jail after posting $1,000 cash bond three weeks ago.
She's scheduled to be back to court next month.
- WIAA southwest football realignment plan passes on a 6-5 vote
- UPDATE: 911 issues in Trempealeau, Jackson counties
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Parents sue over child protection laws in Minn.
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 24, 2018
- La Crosse SOUP donors vote for program to financially benefit those leaving jail
- La Crosse County raising awareness for safe prescription practices
- Home costs, demand increase as Wisconsin economy improves