HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - An ongoing drug investigation leads to shots being fired in Holmen Thursday night.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Department says officers attempted to arrest a suspect in the investigation in the parking lot of Festival Foods. The suspect tried to drive away from the scene, hitting an officer with his vehicle in the process.
Police fired at the suspect as he drove away and he was taken into custody. He was not injured by the gunfire.
The officer who was hit by the car is employed by the La Crosse Police Department. They have been released from the hospital with minor injuries.
The suspect was booked into La Crosse County Jail. He is charged with Battery to a Law Enforcement Officer, Delivery of Methamphetamine and First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, according to the Holmen Police Department.
Agencies involved with the investigation include the La Crosse County Sheriff's Department, Tomah Police Department, Holmen Police Department and the City of La Crosse Police Department.
The incident is still under investigation.
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- New vaccine protects adults against Hepatitis B
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- ‘Suits for Success' event collecting new, gently used professional clothing for job seekers
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'Right to Try' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes 'straw' gun purchases bill
- The Pump House brings back the Herons of La Crosse
- Wisconsin Assembly to pass tax credit, prison funding
- Settlement related to defective Takata airbag system reached