HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Police received a call of shots fired early Tuesday morning at Angry's Way Out on Brice Prairie.
The La Crosse County Sheriff's Office, with assistance from the Holmen Police Department, responded to the tavern on County Road ZZ, Brice Prairie, and talked with witnesses that reported a man had discharged a gun during a fight, police said.
Police located the suspect, Alexander C. Pollack, 32, nearby and he was taken into custody, according to police.
Authorities found a .45 caliber handgun and ammunition in Pollack's vehicle, according to the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office.
Pollack is charged with recklessly endangering safety, endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a handgun where alcohol is served, OWI (2nd), possession of THC, possession or THC, possession of drug paraphernalia, and disorderly conduct while armed, police said.
- Genzie's Gameday Pub hosts 2nd annual soup cook-off for the troops
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Robotics teams from all over the region meet for a preseason scrimmage
- Doctors emphasize the benefits of exercising at target heart rate
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need