WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - Winona police responded to a call early Wednesday morning from a school official at Winona Senior High School regarding a threat of violence by a 15-year-old student.
Police said, a student contacted school officials regarding a Snap Chat video sent by another student, making reference to shooting up the school.
The 15-year-old male student was identified and taken into custody at his home, police said.
The suspect is charged with Threats of Violence and currently is in the Winona County Jail.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Republican Attorney General Schimel concedes to Josh Kaul
- Hmong community members encourage Hmong history curriculum in La Crosse School District
- Wisconsin Democrats Pocan, Kind undecided on backing Pelosi
- City of La Crosse leaf collection continues
- Winona-Rochester diocese plans to file Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Wisconsin deer license sales down from 2017
- La Crosse restaurants see boost in business from meal delivery apps
- Local clerk calls possible proposal to move 2020 presidential primary date 'extremely unwise'
- The Better Business Bureau issues warning on holiday scams
- Minnesota man injured in hunting accident expected to be OK