PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) - Portage police say two officers were attacked, with one losing consciousness, as they tried to arrest a man on a parole violation.
Authorities say a woman with the man they were arresting punched an officer in the face several times while he was trying to handcuff the suspect Sunday evening.
Police say a second officer trying to restrain the woman was kicked in the face and head by the man and lost consciousness. An off-duty nurse saw the struggle and aided the unconscious officer. The female suspect began fighting with the first officer again and started yelling about having a knife.
Authorities say the nurse slammed the woman against a wall and held her until the unconscious officer came to and arrested her.
The man from Waunakee and the woman from Rio are both 21.
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly