FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Newly released surveillance video shows a woman in a Florida bar smiling and talking with a fellow patron whom police say she later killed so she could steal her identity.
The video released by the Lee County Sheriff's Office shows 56-year-old Lois Riess of Bloomberg Prairie, Minnesota, talking to 59-year-old Pamela Hutchinson April 5 at the Smokin' Oyster Brewery in Fort Myers Beach.
Police say Riess is also wanted for the March slaying of husband David Riess in Minnesota. Authorities say she may have targeted Hutchinson because the two women looked alike. Riess is still at large. Authorities say she stole Hutchinson's car, which has been seen in Louisiana and Texas.
Lee County Undersheriff says while Riess "may look like anyone's mother or grandmother, she's an absolute cold-blooded murderer."
- Winona State football program cleans up city
- Local residents clean up downtown for Earth Day
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly