LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - UPDATE:
What was originally thought to be a stabbing in La Crosse appears to be a fight within a family that ended with someone with a severe cut.
La Crosse police were called to the 1400 block of 5th Avenue South Wednesday afternoon.
According to the police report, Annette Thompson, 36, slashed the tires on the car of her sister's husband, Keith Horton. Horton and his wife confronted Thompson, and a fight broke out between Horton's wife, Thompson, and Thompson's husband.
Thompson was taken to the hospital for a cut to her left cheek from what is believed to be a knife. She was released from the hospital later Wednesday night and taken to jail, booked on disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and bail jumping charges.
Thompson's husband, Anquin St. Junious, 37, was also arrested for disorderly conduct.
Police were called to a reported stabbing around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon.
La Crosse police are investigating an incident that occurred on the 1400 block of 5th Avenue South in La Crosse.
According to the La Crosse Police, the woman suffered non-life threatening injuries from the assault.
Law enforcement say the victim and the suspect appear to know each other and there is no danger to the public at this time.
- Body of missing woman found in Vernon County
- Cooking on News 8 This Morning: Zucchini & Squash Boats
- Steamboat Days Grande Parade takes off
- Fathers hit the golf course on their special day
- Warm weather causes local jazz group to take concert indoors
- Midsummer Fest celebrated Norwegian tradition and the "return of the light"
- Local Irish-festers got ready for this year's celebration by taking to the streets -- to bowl
- A local race is reaching out to those in need around the world
- Bangor farm hosts La Crosse County Dairy Breakfast
- AAA: Wisconsin motorists to spend more for gas this summer