OSKALOOSA, Iowa (AP) - Police in southeastern Iowa have announced an arrest in the stabbing death of a college basketball player in Oskaloosa.
Officials said Wednesday at a news conference that 23-year-old Luke Ryan VanHemert, of Oskaloosa, has been arrested in the May 1 fatal stabbing of 22-year-old Marquis Todd. Police say VanHemert was arrested Wednesday at his place of work in nearby Pella.
VanHemert has been charged with second-degree murder and is being held in the Mahaska County Jail on $500,000 cash bail.
Todd was a student and basketball player at William Penn University in Oskaloosa. Investigators say officers found Todd with stab wounds after being called for a report of a fight. Police have said there was as minor vehicle accident that happened about a half-hour earlier that led to the stabbing.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- BRF hoops star picks UW-La Crosse
- News 8 Sports Round Up - April 20, 2018
- Harter's Quick Cleanup hosting shred event for La Crosse area residents, businesses
- 'Sparks!' program helps young children prepare for school
- Apothik's return helps usher in food truck season in downtown La Crosse