LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Police were called to an area hospital Friday for a patient reportedly punching staff members.
According to a criminal complaint, when officers arrived at Gundersen Health System on Friday, June 21, security officers were attempting to restrain the patient, Ross Knothe. During the process, Knothe continued to resist, yell obscenities and made aggressive statements to the officers.
Gundersen staff told police that Knothe had struck two nurses, injuring both, the complaint said.
Knothe is facing multiple charges including two substantial battery charges, resisting an officer and disorderly conduct.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Authorities investigating small plane crash near Viroqua airport
- Over 30 car break-ins reported in La Crosse over weekend
- Two arrested in prescription drug fraud investigation in Vernon Co.
- Evers seeks federal disaster declaration for 18 counties
- Wisconsin school bus companies scramble to find drivers
- Well Water to be collected for testing in West Salem
- Teen killed during storm cleanup was from Melrose
- Former long-time Winona State basketball coach Mike Leaf dead at 58
- Bangor football offensive line and Horstman ready for breakout season
- Canoe racing Saturday on Coon Creek