LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - An Onalaska man who stabbed his roommate in July of this year, learned his sentence on Tuesday
La Crosse County Judge Todd Bjerke sentenced 24-year-old Aaron Petras to four years of probation.
According to court records, Petras came home from a night of drinking and rekindled an earlier argument with his roommate Zachary Crogan. The two hit each other, began wrestling, after which Petras grabbed a kitchen knife and stabbed Crogan in the neck. Crogan has since recovered from his injuries.
Aaron Petras will be electronically monitored after he's released from jail on Sunday.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UPDATE: Man killed in Monroe County officer-involved shooting identified
- No injuries reported after morning house fire in Bangor
- Evers refuses to disclose 1 day's worth of emails
- Tomah High School class of '95 honors fallen Marine classmate on Veterans Day
- Cold weather season keeps the La Crosse Fire Department busy
- Baldwin says Johnson needs to make decision on impeachment
- Appleton man arrested in Trempealeau County for possible 12th OWI
- Wisconsin deer stands damaged; animal rights group suspected
- La Crosse Center renovations could break ground mid-December
- National study reveals most school shootings were preventable