SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - A man accused of shooting his mother in the back will avoid prison time.
A judge sentenced 25-year-old Cody Kraabel to 8-years Thursday, but stayed 3 years of prison time and put Kraabel on probation for the remaining five years.
He had pleaded no contest to a felony charge of first degree recklessly endangering safety. He originally also faced Attempted First Degree Intentional Homicide and Reckless Use of a Firearm Charges, but those were dropped as a result of a plea deal earlier this year.
Kraabel's mother suffered non-life threatening injuries as a result of the 2015 shooting.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses