WAUKESHA, Wis. (AP) - A missing Waukesha woman has been found dead in Milwaukee.
Police said Monday 21-year-old Shannon Mani was shot and stabbed by a known suspect and died Friday as a result of those injuries. Police have the suspect in custody.
The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office says Mani was pronounced dead on Milwaukee's northwest side about 10 a.m. Sunday. An autopsy is scheduled Monday.
No other circumstances surrounding her death were released.
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- La Crosse SOUP donors vote for program to financially benefit those leaving jail
- La Crosse woman indicted with five others in federal court for drug conspiracy
- La Crosse County raising awareness for safe prescription practices
- Home costs, demand increase as Wisconsin economy improves
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- Golf courses in La Crosse area opening for the season
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Job fair in La Crosse gives students help in planning future careers
- Youth & Government Day teaches La Crosse students about how government works