LINWOOD, Minn. - Authorities say two Linwood firefighters were attacked by an armed man who had set a home on fire.
Anoka County Sheriff's Cmdr. Paul Sommer says the man was armed with a knife and climbed on to the roof of the home as it was burning Wednesday evening.
Officials say the firefighters had just put out a fire in an RV on the property when the man approached and struck them. Sommer says the man refused to drop the knife so deputies fired bean bag rounds at him.
He eventually jumped off the roof and was arrested.
- La Crosse city planning department nears contract agreement with Riverside North Project developer
- Program filling the need for doctors in rural Wisconsin
- La Crosse man sentenced to 71 months on Methamphetamine charge
- Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area reaches building milestone
- Milwaukee health officials issue synthetic marijuana alert
- Home owners take possession of home thanks to La Crosse program
- Alicia Leinberger announces she is running for 96th district assembly
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Western Technical College holds commencement ceremony for graduates
- UW-La Crosse students give up their hair to raise funds to research childhood cancer