LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A man accused of assaulting a woman in November 2016 is now accused of raping a woman in a downtown La Crosse hotel on March 6.
The victim in the March 6 case said she contacted the subject, Eric K. Danielson Jr., about money she had loaned him previously. Danielson agreed to pay back the money and arranged to meet the victim at the Holiday Inn on Pearl Street in La Crosse.
According to a criminal complaint, the victim said Danielson seemed very intoxicated when he met her in the lobby of the hotel. She followed Danielson to his room, where the victim claims he attacked her.
According to the victim, Danielson attempted to remove her clothing multiple times and when she resisted he pinned her with his knees and struck her in the face while forcing intercourse. The victim also said she was choked by Danielson and scratched him on the neck while trying to defend herself.
The victim was able to escape after persuading Danielson to have "a cigarette together."
Danielson denied the charges, saying the intercourse was consensual.
Danielson is jailed on a $10,000 cash bond.
- Survey shows Wisconsin employment expected to rise above national average
- La Crosse celebrates St. Patrick's Day
- Colon cancer steadily decreasing, according to new reports
- 44th annual custom auto show visits the La Crosse Center
- Bangor boys basketball wins Division 5 state championship
- District hosts operating referendum informational meeting
- Kaul rips Schimel on wells, opioids, arming teachers
- Personality conflict puts Walker priorities in peril
- Company that built Florida pedestrian bridge also designed I-90 Dresbach, Winona bridges
- FBI asking for leads in fatal apartment explosion