MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Court records show a man who killed his ex-wife and two young sons before fatally shooting himself in Minneapolis on Sunday left a suicide note at the scene.
A search warrant unsealed Tuesday doesn't reveal the note's contents. A medical examiner identified the victims as 39-year-old Kjersten Schladetzky, and her sons, 8-year-old Nelson and 11-year-old William. The boys' father was 53-year-old David Schladetzky.
Authorities say the children were shot outside the home where they lived with their mother, who was shot and stabbed inside the house. Court records show David Schladetzky hadn't been the subject of a protective order.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UW regents approve 2% pay raises for chancellors
- Jackson County authorities looking for suspect in connection with armed robberies
- UPDATE: 3 dead after Black Hawk helicopter crashes after takeoff in Minnesota
- Iowa worker who took bathroom photos may have many victims
- Being a bully in this Rock County school District could now earn you a citation of up to $500
- Prairie du Sac man given months to live asking for as many Christmas cards as possible
- Sheriff urges media to keep school stabber's name secret
- WATCH LIVE: Joe Biden in Iowa
- Love Lights help community members honor loved ones in La Crosse
- Donations out pace previous year for Winona's '10 Days of Giving'