LENA, Wis. (AP) - Authorities have arrested a man accused of firing at Oconto County sheriff's deputies during a 10-hour standoff Sunday.
Sheriff's officials say deputies were send to check on the man at a home just north of Lena about 1:30 p.m. Sunday. The man was involved in a domestic disturbance and was said to be suicidal.
WBAY-TV reports deputies say the man was armed and had barricaded himself in the home. As talks broke down, the Brown County Emergency Response Unit and the Brown-Outagamie County Bomb Squad were called to the scene. No deputies were injured.
Officials say the standoff was resolved just before midnight and the man was taken into custody.
Information from: WBAY-TV, http://www.wbay.com
- Survey shows Wisconsin employment expected to rise above national average
- Colon cancer steadily decreasing, according to new reports
- Bangor boys basketball wins Division 5 state championship
- Police warn about eating parade candy in New London
- Treasurer's office is on chopping block in April 3 election
- Study: Helmets reduce neck injuries in motorcycle crashes
- Nature Conservancy to work with Forest Service in Wisconsin
- Warriors ready for state tournament
- Community members raise Down syndrome awareness
- 44th annual custom auto show visits the La Crosse Center