BLACK RIVER FALLS, Wis. (WKBT) - A man in Jackson County stopped for speeding, told authorities he was using drugs.
On April 11 at 10:02 p.m., a Deputy with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office pulled Jonathan D. Barhyte over for speeding. Barhyte showed signs of nervousness and admitted to using drugs, the deputy said.
The deputy searched the car and found a loaded handgun near the driver, individually packaged bags of suspected crystal methamphetamine, suspected marijuana, multiple pipes, packaging material and a digital scale.
Barhyte is being held at the Jackson County Jail for being a felon in possession of a firearm and possession of drug paraphernalia as well as a probation/parole violation.
- Local schools see increase in dangerous trend
- La Crosse SOUP donors vote for program to financially benefit those leaving jail
- La Crosse woman indicted with five others in federal court for drug conspiracy
- La Crosse County raising awareness for safe prescription practices
- Home costs, demand increase as Wisconsin economy improves
- Health officials warn of possible measles exposure in Winona, Albert Lea
- Golf courses in La Crosse area opening for the season
- Missing 16-year-old spotted in Monroe, possibly heading to Portage, police say
- Job fair in La Crosse gives students help in planning future careers
- Youth & Government Day teaches La Crosse students about how government works