WEST SALEM, Wis. (WKBT) - A man is facing charges for fleeing officers after authorities attempted to stop the suspect for a traffic violation.
Dante D. Davis failed to stop for a deputy at approximately 10 a.m. this morning after driving through a stop sign in West Salem, almost striking another car.
A La Crosse County Sheriff's deputy continued to pursue Davis westbound on I-90. The suspect exited the interstate at Highway 16. Authorities terminated the pursuit as Davis was driving erratically.
Davis was later located on County Highway S in the Town of Hamilton. Wisconsin State Patrol officers used traffic spikes to deflate the suspects tires. Holmen Police assisted in the pursuit.
The suspect then crash into a tree in Holmen at Sandlake and Gaarder Road.
Davis was transported to a local hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Davis is charged with felony fleeing and has felony warrants out of Minnesota. Davis is also cited with several moving violations.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Winona woman taken to hospital after being struck by train
- Man injured after ATV rolls, lands on him in Vernon County
- Burn ban goes into effect because of high risk for wildfires
- Authorities investigating cause of barn fire near Sparta
- Failed breaker in Genoa causes power outages in area
- Winona non-profit gives back to homeless in community
- New interim director named for the La Crosse Regional Airport
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church observes Easter Eve with Guarding of the Tomb
- Pilot loses control of plane, crashes nose down at Reedsburg Airport, police say
- Judge delays hearing for couple suspected in baby's death