SPARTA, Wis. (WKBT) - Sparta Police were called to a home Monday afternoon after getting reports of a man threatening to stab 3 people.
Officers responded to 506 W. Montgomery St. in Sparta around 2:30 p.m.
The suspect, Kaleb Brush, was reportedly upset because he was told to leave the home after an earlier altercation with the other people inside.
The three people who were threatened fled for safety, and police say Brush retreated to the basement of the home.
Officers confirmed Brush was the only one left inside. Once they made contact with him by phone, he exited the home and was taken into custody.
Police arrested Brush for Domestic Violence related Disorderly Conduct, and Intimidation of a Victim.
He's being held in the Monroe Co. Jail until his initial court appearance.
Pedestrian traffic from nearby schools was rerouted to ensure the safety of students during the incident.
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- Husband faces drug charges after wife's death
- Gun expert explains uses, misconceptions about AR-15s
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin dairy says owner among Indiana plane crash victims
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Some Wisconsin residents still stranded by high waters
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 24, 2018
- Wisconsin sees increase in respiratory illnesses