CENTERVILLE, Wis. (WKBT) - The man acquitted in a fatal stabbing in La Crosse three years ago is arrested on drug charges for the second time this year.
According to the Trempealeau County Sheriff, 28-year-old Mitrel Anderson and 21-year-old Brittany Heath were arrested late Thursday night in Trempealeau County as part of an undercover drug investigation.
Investigators found 84 grams of meth and a loaded gun in the car with Anderson and Heath at the time of the arrest. The case remains under investigation and more arrests may be coming in the case.
Anderson was previously charged with the felony of manufacturing or delivering heroin in La Crosse County in March, but was released from jail on a $2000 cash bond.
He still faces more than 20 years in prison for that case, which has yet to go to trial.
Anderson was acquitted in 2014 in the stabbing death of DeMario Lee in La Crosse.
- Holmen community launches 'Holmen Cares'
- La Crosse-based company to provide 2018 Super Bowl hotdogs
- Highway 16 lane closure begins Tuesday for storm sewer repairs
- Prairie du Chien's Antoine named to '18 U.S. Olympic Skeleton Team
- Candidate for Wisconsin state Supreme Court visited La Crosse during MLK day
- Officials say Holmen apartment complex fire began inside car
- Rochester teenager shot, killed after crash, confrontation
- January 15: Cancellations and Delays
- La Crosse firefighters respond to trailer home fire
- Holmen addresses ongoing needs of residents displaced by fire