WAUSAU, Wis. (AP) - A Wausau man accused of assaulting one of the children being cared for at his wife's home day care has missed another court hearing.
It's the second time Miguel Angel Ruiz has failed to show up for court. A warrant for his arrest was issued the first time he skipped his appearance on first-degree sexual assault of a child and two other felonies.
WAOW-TV says the 36-year-old is accused of sexually assaulting a girl between June 2008 when she was four years old and continuing through June 2010. Police began investigating the case in 2016.
The Rib Mountain day care has since been shut down.
Information from: WAOW-TV, http://www.waow.com
- News 8 Investigates: Human Trafficking
- La Crosse Center board picks design for renovation
- Boys charged in $60,000, bee-killing vandalism
- UW-La Crosse receives record donation
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- La Crescent Police Department adds body cams
- Racine police fatally shoot man after traffic stop
- Coon Valley woman charged in drug overdose death
- Officials search for missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter last seen Wednesday
- La Crosse Co. Emergency Management on standby during Super Bowl