LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Police in La Crosse are investigating a string of car break-ins across the city.
According to the La Crosse Police Department, seven car burglaries were reported on the city's northside throughout the weekend.
Five of the break-ins happened in the area of Avon and Wall Street while two more were reported on Boathouse Drive.
One person was arrested in the area of the break-ins carrying what the police call 'burglary tools,' but so far is not being charged for the burglaries.
Five other car break-ins were also reported on the city's south side during the weekend, but police don't know if those incidents are related to the north side burglaries.
- Child credit, sales tax holiday OK'd by Wisconsin Assembly
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill that could revoke licenses of repeat drunk drivers
- Wis.-bound plane crashes in Indiana; no survivors
- La Crosse mayor calls on Trump administration to back fuel standards
- La Crosse County remains in need of foster parents
- Walker tax cut, Lincoln Hills closure plan in jeopardy
- Saint Mary's holds Breaking Barriers event March 8
- Passengers OK when plane slides off Green Bay airport runway
- Plane slides of Wis. runway
- Taking Flight in Prairie du Chien