LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - La Crosse Police are currently investigating a shooting that happened around 6:55 a.m. Friday morning.
Authorities received a call from a resident at 417 8th Street South in regards to someone breaking in to their home. The person reported that 2 or 3 people had broken in and that the resident had shot at the intruders with a pistol, but did not know if anyone was hit, the release said.
La Crosse police received a report of a gunshot victim being admitted to a local hospital also around 6:55 a.m.
No additional information is available at this time and there is no one in custody, police said.
It is an active investigation.
- Fire at a Winona apartment displaces 5 residents
- Fire fully engulfs barn with cattle inside
- La Crosse-area community members share stories of climate change
- Local Lupus Alliance to host 'Murder at the Disco' in March
- Centerville Curling Club teaches the public about the sport of curling
- Viterbo hosts Engineering Exploration Day to showcase new engineering program
- Project Linus makes blankets for kids in need
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill