LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - After a lengthy investigation, La Crosse police arrested two on first degree reckless homicide charges Wednesday.
Zachary D. Miller, 25, is under arrest for first degree reckless homicide and Jennifer M. Tenner, 33, for party to the crime - first degree reckless homicide, police said.
La Crosse police began investigating Miller in May, 2017, for selling heroin and were able to make an undercover purchase of the drug from him. That purchase, along with other information received during the investigation, gave police probable cause to arrest Miller, but he could not be located.
On June 28, 2017, Kyle A. Bott, 28, died of a heroin overdose. Police tracked the source of the drug to Miller. The investigation revealed that Tenner drove Miller to the drug transaction location.
Police investigators arrested Miller and Tenner on September 26. Tenner was released on a signature bond.
Both Miller and Tenner are expected to have court appearances today, police said.
- Child safe after attempted abduction in La Farge
- La Crosse Fire Department adds new engine, remembers fallen fire fighter
- Authorities identify pilot killed in Wisconsin plane crash
- Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson talks tariff effects on farmers, manufacturers
- Fort McCoy opens its doors to visitors.
- Wisconsin researchers study genetic screening for Amish
- Wisconsin duck boat operators won't change operations
- 3 Minnesota prison officers resign after colleague killed
- Company celebrates 150 years in Coulee Region
- Volunteers provide food, care also in wake of Iowa tornadoes