LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Three people are under arrest following an investigation of a July 19 shooting incident on La Crosse's north side.
At 10:02 a.m. on July 19, officers were called to the Partners for Excellence School at 901 Caledonia Street for a report of damaged windows. An investigation determined the damage was caused by gunshots. Officers located additional evidence of a shooting at an adjacent property at 932 Caledonia Street, the Society for Brotherhood (SFB) Motorcycle Club clubhouse.
A search warrant was conducted at the SFB clubhouse location where investigators collected evidence including a DVR for the surveillance camera system inside the property. A deleted video showing the shooting incident was found as a result of a Wisconsin State Crime Lab forensic evaluation of the DVR.
The following three individuals were arrested in connection with the shooting incident following the completion of the investigation:
Brandon T. Stemper, 31, a known SFB member, is charged with second degree reckless endangerment of safety, felon in possession of a firearm and disorderly conduct.
Javier Ortiz, AKA: Tony Ortiz, 55, known Outlaws Motorcycle Club member, is charged with second degree reckless endangerment of safety and disorderly conduct.
Amber R. Peters, 24, girlfriend of Stemper, is charged with obstructing.
Get your weather forecast from people that actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Police: Man transported to hospital after incident with roommate
- Regional first responders test skill and teamwork with year's largest drill
- Local author and breast cancer survivor has signing for book
- Youth Sports Safety Symposium hopes to keep student athletes healthy into adulthood
- Students and parents joined Joe Gow for Run with the Chancellor at UWL
- Mayo Clinic study shows toxic chemicals may be to blame for vaping-related illnesses
- Coulee Region Hunger Walk/Run refocuses local efforts on feeding neighbors
- Experts: Flu vaccine is important precaution, especially for pregnant women
- Southbound traffic on Mormon Coulee Road to be temporarily restricted
- Motorist dies after September crash in Monroe County
- La Crosse Regional Airport offering TSA Pre-Check enrollment
- Past of area parks heard during Voices from the Past cemetery walk
- Election security council to hold first public meeting
- La Crescent-Hokah boys soccer hangs on against Pine Island in MSHSL section quarterfinal
- Coulee Region Chill power past Milwaukee 4-1 in home opener