LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is facing his 8th OWI charge after being arrested on the north side Sunday afternoon.
A criminal complaint filed Monday says 59-year-old Edward Brickl appeared to be drunk while at the Kwik Trip on Lang Drive before a witness followed him and called police.
He was later pulled over and arrested with a BAC more than twice the legal limit.
Brickl has seven other OWI charges on his record dating back to 1995 with the last offense coming in 2006.
He's also facing charges for driving with a revoked license.
Brickl is being held in jail on a $10,000 cash bond and faces up to 10 years in prison.
- Jury finds Kendhammer guilty of First Degree Intentional Homicide
- La Crosse common council votes to override mayor's veto of parks dept. audit
- #MeToo movement comes to La Crosse with 'Take Back the Night' march
- Community comes together to support family following fire tragedy
- La Crosse committee gets update on South Ave. project
- Stand off ends in La Crosse with man taken into custody
- Walker says he would be 'shocked' if Ryan drops out
- House Speaker Paul Ryan denies reports he may leave Congress
- Franken confirms handover to Smith in early January
- U of Minnesota moving ahead with nonresident tuition hike