La Crosse man faces multiple sexual assa - A La Crosse man appeared in court Friday, connected to a string of sexual assaults in the city.
Raekwon Tillman of La Crosse, 21, faces five charges, including attempted sexual assault, strangulation, and intimidation of a victim.
The criminal complaint says Tillman had exposed himself and assaulted women near UW-La Crosse and Western Technical College over the past month, and followed women on the Viterbo campus.
He was arrested after attempting to assault a women the morning of Friday, September 8 near UW-La Crosse. The victim says Tillman tackled her to the ground, began choking her, and tried to unbutton her pants before a stranger stopped the assault and called 911.
Tillman is being connected to at least ten incidents in La Crosse, from attempted sexual assault to following women into college dorms and classrooms.
A friend of Tillman's came forward in court, arguing the suspect's mental condition should be considered when sentenced. The Deputy District Attorney suggested Tillman meet with mental health specialists while in jail.
Additional charges are pending as more victims come forward.
He's being held in the La Crosse Co. jail on a $50,000 cash bond.
- La Crosse County officials talk about referendum question asking people about legalizing marijuana
- Local leaders consider national immigration policies' effects on communities
- La Crosse County officials to ask voters how to address transportation funding
- Fugitive with ties to La Crosse area turns himself in
- La Crosse County Board to decide legal marijuana advisory referendum by end of July
- Holmen student project being sent into space
- Riverfest Commodore, First Mate host meet and greet at Commodore Banquet
- Former UW student sentenced to 3 years in prison for assualts
- Western Wisconsin WWII veteran finally being awarded Purple Heart
- SUV fleeing Chicago police hits taxi, killing Wisconsin passenger