LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is in the La Crosse County Jail after being charged with raping a disabled woman.
According to the criminal complaint, Karl Stoy, 40, raped a woman with cognitive disabilities while she was staying at the La Crosse Care Center last week.
The woman says she wanted to try having sex with Stoy, but her care providers believe she is unable to give consent due to her disability.
Stoy admitted to having sex with her, according to the complaint.
Stoy is charged with second degree sexual assault.
- Bicyclist hit by drunk driver in Brice Prairie brings remains of bike to safety meeting
- Man accused of sex trafficking in 9 states
- Governor Walker announces the Toro Company expansion in Tomah
- La Crosse school bus drivers train on new obstacle course
- Local school districts focus on safety and security at football games
- Holmen American Legion prepares for annual Kornfest celebration
- State Bank Financial celebrates 160th anniversary
- Coins for Conservation helps air travelers help Mississippi Valley Conservancy
- La Crosse Common Council members discuss City Hall safety
- La Crosse Mayor discusses city with business owners