Wade Stenberg of La Crosse was charged with multiple counts today including disorderly conduct, resisting an officer, battery to a law enforcement officer and possession of methamphetamine.
On Saturday, December 31, 2016 while at Taco John's, 602 Monitor Street in La Crosse, Stenberg was acting very strangely and was saying he was the devil. He became violent, abusive and profane. Officers were called and asked Stenberg to voluntarily go to the hospital.
Stenberg resisted arrest and continued to struggle with officers and was tased mulitple times. During the struggle an officer was injured.
Stenberg was then transfered to Gundersen Health System and continued to struggle with officers and hospital staff. It was at that time that staff removed a baggie of methamphetamine from his rectum.
Stenberg is a repeat offender with mulitiple prior convictions.
- Committee vote canceled on 'alcohol czar' bill
- Wisconsin Assembly passes Walker's welfare overhaul bills
- Wisconsin Assembly OKs wetland permit exemptions bill
- Prairie du Chien's Matt Antoine comes up short in pursuit of Olympic medal
- Local school districts discuss security measures following Florida mass shooting
- Backpacks donated to local police departments in memory of young murder victim
- Health experts point to lack of residential treatment access for drug addicts
- News 8 Highlight Zone - February 16, 2018
- Community efforts continue to restore Myrick duck house
- ‘Alcohol czar' bill vote canceled