LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Charges filed this week accuse a La Crosse man of kidnapping, intimidation of a victim and multiple other charges after he held a wooman against her will and punched her in the face multiple times.
The victim called 911 from her cellphone shortly after 9 p.m. Friday. Shawn Stromberg was heard saying “Are you (expletive) serious? You just called 911,” according to the criminal complaint.
Officers tried calling the victim back repeatedly as they approached Stromberg’s apartment at 919 Vine Street. The victim was heard screaming before the call was disconnected, according to the complaint.
Police could not find Stromberg, 46, or the woman at either residence or during a search of area motels and business parking lots, . Both of their cell phones shut off around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, police said.
The victim's car was stopped by Vernon County authorities later that day in Viroqua. The woman told La Crosse police she called 911 the night before when Stromberg began shouting at her.
The victim said Stromberg punched her in the face when he found that she had called 911, according to the complaint.
The victim told police that Stromberg punched her five times and threatened to kill her.
Stromberg also called the woman from jail 15 times.
Stromberg is charged with kidnapping, felony intimidation of a victim, false imprisonment, two counts of misdemeanor battery and four counts of felony bail jumping, and he is jailed on a $25,000 cash bond.
- Walker proposes Wisconsin welfare overhaul package
- News 8 Investigates: Human Trafficking
- Missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter found safe in Madison
- Coon Valley woman charged in drug overdose death
- Wisconsin unemployment hit record low in December
- La Crosse Center board picks design for renovation
- Boys charged in $60,000, bee-killing vandalism
- Registered Sex Offender wanted by police
- Racine police fatally shoot man after traffic stop
- Officials search for missing Fort Atkinson mom, daughter last seen Wednesday