LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is accused of burning and stabbing another man before attempting to cauterize the wound with a utensil.
According to the criminal complaint, the victim says 25-year-old Nathan Kohls hit him with a baseball bat Saturday night. Kohls then forced the man's hand onto a stove burner and stabbed the same hand with a knife before attempting to cauterize the wound with a heated potato masher.
Kohls faces six different charges, including Aggravated Battery and Misdemeanor Intimidation of a Victim. Kohls is being held on a $2,500 cash bond.
- Kennel sponsorship program provides for furry friends
- Holmen High students raise money for classmate's dad
- Viterbo University hosts annual Nutcracker performance
- Onalaska American Legion hosts Holiday Art Show
- Toys For Tots pickup distributed to community
- Crime lab expert's testimony runs contrary to Kendhammer's explanation of alleged crash
- Historic Hiawatha statue causes controversy
- Partisan divide deepens over Walker investigation
- 50 La Crosse jobs impacted by change at CenturyLink
- Proposed La Crosse Center renovations would bring in visitors, millions in revenue