LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is accused of burning and stabbing another man before attempting to cauterize the wound with a utensil.
According to the criminal complaint, the victim says 25-year-old Nathan Kohls hit him with a baseball bat Saturday night. Kohls then forced the man's hand onto a stove burner and stabbed the same hand with a knife before attempting to cauterize the wound with a heated potato masher.
Kohls faces six different charges, including Aggravated Battery and Misdemeanor Intimidation of a Victim. Kohls is being held on a $2,500 cash bond.
- Death Cafe hopes to normalize conversations surrounding death
- La Crosse health officials point to vaccinations amid local measles threat
- La Crosse water voted best-tasting in Wisconsin
- Westby native competes on ‘The Price is Right'
- Future of La Crosse's senior centers discussed at Board of Public Works
- Small bookstores in La Crosse feeling nationwide boom
- Construction along Losey Boulevard in La Crosse
- Holmen student awarded first place in statewide competition
- Local educators recognized for achievements
- La Crosse's Jackson Plaza reaches capacity as local business joins shopping center