MONROE CO., Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is jailed in Monroe County after a high speed chase late Thursday night.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, the chase started in the Sparta area at about 10:20 p.m. The suspect made multiple dangerous moving violations and tried to ram a Sparta squad car before heading west on Highway 16, reaching speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. The chase ended in the Village of West Salem after a Sparta officer used a Pursuit Intervention Technique.
No injuries are reported.
Gregory R. Balfany, 48 of La Crosse, was driving the suspect vehicle. He has been booked into Monroe County Jail for felony fleeing, Operating While Intoxicated from a restricted controlled substance, recklessly endangering safety, three warrants and felony bail jumping.
The incident is under investigation.
- Torso, leg found in Mississippi River
- Early morning fire in La Crosse quickly extinguished, no injuries
- Hepatitis C rates in young people on the rise in Wisconsin
- UW System wants $107 million more in next budget
- Appleton businessman pleads guilty to federal tax fraud
- Bodies of sisters recovered after Lake Winnebago boat crash
- Madison pizza delivery driver treated after beaten, robbed
- Bodies of 2 women recovered after Lake Winnebago boat crash
- Cooking with N8TM: Greek Salad
- Man fatally shoots self at Wis. gun range