MONROE CO., Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse man is jailed in Monroe County after a high speed chase late Thursday night.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, the chase started in the Sparta area at about 10:20 p.m. The suspect made multiple dangerous moving violations and tried to ram a Sparta squad car before heading west on Highway 16, reaching speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. The chase ended in the Village of West Salem after a Sparta officer used a Pursuit Intervention Technique.
No injuries are reported.
Gregory R. Balfany, 48 of La Crosse, was driving the suspect vehicle. He has been booked into Monroe County Jail for felony fleeing, Operating While Intoxicated from a restricted controlled substance, recklessly endangering safety, three warrants and felony bail jumping.
The incident is under investigation.
- UW System receives $4 million in broadband funding
- Tomah woman inspires others with her amazing determination
- Republican field grows in race to replace Ryan
- Multiple candidates register to run for state treasurer
- City planners say Herberger's liquidation changes the way communities must look at retail
- American Girl closing Wilmot operations
- Winona State students raise awareness about mental health and suicide
- La Crosse's mayor holds 'Coffee with Kabat'
- Westby freshman adjusts quickly to new sport
- Wisconsin unemployment remains at record-low 2.9 percent