LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - The La Crosse man accused in a downtown shooting Sunday is now facing an Attempted 1st Degree Homicide charge.
Isaiah P. Stenson Jr., 24, is also charged with 1st Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Obstructing an Officer, and possession of THC.
La Crosse police responded to a report of shots fired near 3rd and Main Streets at 12:18 a.m., August 5.
Initial reports from witnesses indicated that a fight among several people started in the middle of the block around 100 South 3rd Street. The group then walked toward Main Street where shots were fired, police said.
At 12:37 a.m., two individuals went to an area hospital with gunshot wounds. Both were treated and released.
The police investigation proceeded quickly with a suspect and his potential vehicle being identified. By 2 a.m., La Crosse police officers located the vehicle and identified the man inside as one that was involved in the shooting incident, according to La Crosse PD.
The downtown Safe-Cam system played a role in the investigation, allowing authorities to confirm information from witnesses, police said.
- Authorities investigating possible alcohol-related crash in La Crosse
- Gundersen Health System receives $15.6 million grant for cancer research
- 'Cop on a Rooftop' event supports Special Olympics
- Evers creates new office to reach carbon-free goal
- La Crosse County Board votes down financial support for La Crosse Center
- Impact of tariffs felt at lumber business in Onalaska
- Dozens of truck drivers gather for young, Winona truck enthusiast
- Car enthusiasts get unique look at Rootes Group rides
- Small Minnesota city throws party with big cats
- Memorial honors sacrifices of Hmong-Lao veterans